You don’t have to be a carpenter or upholsterer to save money on furniture and home furnishings . But what we will talk about, manually skilled individuals will have cheap furnishing the apartment definitely easier.
Don’t save on important things
There are things that should not be spared. These include, for example, a kitchen that you can not transport from the old apartment. You will use your work surface, appliances and drawers every day, so it’s better to invest in quality materials than to repair and replace later.
Do not have to make a new one
The same rule applies to the bed, although you do not have to make a new one here. Moving , however, is an ideal opportunity to get rid of an old mattress and give your back a healthy fit. Investing in health is always worthwhile.
5 tips to save money with
- A can of paint comes out cheaper than new furniture. How many times just paint an old cabinet and friends ask where you bought the design piece. This way you can easily solve the situation when the old furniture for your new apartment does not suit you.
- A new upholstery may suffice. An old couch or a favorite armchair can last for many years if you give them a new coat. Skilful individuals can change the cover themselves, others should rather call the upholsterer.
- Get new furniture for a few hundreds. If you want a new apartment necessarily new furniture, choose in large stores. In events you can get him for a few hundreds and when you save, you can calmly exchange it for better pieces.
- … Or completely free. On many online bazaars you will find classified ads offering pick-up furniture. Usually these are old and worn pieces, but a little creativity is enough to conjure up original accessories for your new home.
- Make original furniture from pallets. Pallet furniture has been popular for several years and thanks to this you will find many instructions on the Internet. This makes it easy to make a couch, bed, table or garden furniture.